1 loyalty to the USA and its institutions
2 an expression that is characteristic of English as spoken by Americans
3 a custom that is peculiar to the United States or its citizens
- A custom peculiar to the United States or the Americans.
- A word, phrase or linguistic feature
originating from or specific to American language usage.
- However, the -ize spelling is now rarely used in the UK in the mass media and newspapers, and is hence often incorrectly regarded as an Americanism.
- A preference to the United States and the ideas it represents.
- Finnish: amerikanismi
- Finnish: amerikkalaismielisyys
Americanism may refer to:
- A word or phrase considered typical of English as spoken in the United States.
- An attitude or conviction which gives special importance to the nation or culture of the United States
- Americanism (heresy), heresies that were thought to have been held by American Catholics at the turn of the 20th century
- Anything, such as a custom, particular to or characteristic of the Americas, and especially of the United States
- "Americanism", a song by MxPx from their album Teenage Politics.
Americanism in German: Amerikanismus
Americanism in French: Américanisme
Americanism in Turkish: Amerikanizm